The trip to China had a profound influence on me. Seeing other people who have found their own little world of happiness despite living in what we would see as poverty standards is eye opening. While we all know that these conditions exist and we frequently say that we are grateful that we were born in the U.S. at this time in history, seeing how other people in the world live has a much greater impact than having an intellectual knowledge of these facts.
The trip has made me ponder a bit on my gratitude for my family, my home and my belief in the gospel. Words just cannot express how much I love each one of my children. I know that those of you who have children now can relate as you look at your young children and know that you love them so much that you think you cannot imagine loving them more than you do now. Experience and wisdom that I have learned to date has shown me that love for your children does indeed grow with time.
Even though I don't see each of you every day, or even every week, you are in my thoughts every day. I feel that while I was not the perfect parent and made many mistakes as I went through the learning experience of parenting, somehow you learned enough of the good things I wanted you to learn. Each of you have developed your own personality, your own personal brand of living life to the fullest, and learning the lesson that happiness comes when you have people you care about and who you care for too. You each have special talents and your own faults and frailties, but I see five wonderful children who have made my life so much better than it would have been without you in my life. I can see your genuine goodness in the way you put so much effort into being a good and caring person to others, working hard to be a good parent, a responsible parent -- teaching the wonderful children that have come into your lives to be kind, thoughtful, have self-esteem, respect for others, and respect for rules. Each of my grandchildren are special to me and my heart almost bursts with love when I'm around them. I make great efforts to see that the time they spend with me is enjoyable to them so that they will have good memories of being with me.
I look forward to a new granddaughter this year and also hope that someday I will have grandchildren to love from Stephanie and Judson. I love each one of you so much and love your spouses for the way they have contributed to our family as a whole and your own individual families. Maggie will be another great addition to the family, although I already think of her as being a part of us now.
Always remember that I love you so much and that I will always have great memories of your childhood, and your continuing adulthood and the way you make my life better. Life just doesn't get much better when you have kids like the 5 of you.
Love you tons!
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Momma! We love you too!
Oh, your so mushy mom! We love you lots also!!!
Post a Comment