Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Zuccini Orange Bread Recipe

I have been making this recipe since the late 1970's. I lost it for a long time but found it again and have made it 3 times since we had lots of zucchini in the garden. It is not dry at all - very moist and the orange flavor in the bread is yum. I will even eat the orange cream cheese frosting - which is amazing for me since I hate cream cheese!


Love to all,

Mom


Zucchini-Orange Bread

4 eggs, beaten til frothy

3 cups flour

2 cups sugar

1 tsp baking soda

¼ tsp baking powder

3 tsp cinnamon

½ cup oil

½ cup melted butter

¼ tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

3 cups raw zucchini, grated

½ cup chopped nuts

4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate

1 orange – zest outside to add as much as you want

Mix all ingredients and fold in nuts last. Bake at 325 degrees in 9x13 pan or two separate loaf pans for 60 minutes or until done.

Orange Cream Cheese Frosting

1 3 ox pks cream cheese, softened

1 Tab butter, softened

½ tsp grated orange peel

1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar

Milk, if needed to thin out

Beat cream cheese, butter and orange peel. Gradually add powdered sugar until consistency is smooth and spreadable. If too thick, add ½ tsp milk. Spread on cooled sliced bread. Also good on pumpkin bread, banana or date nut bread or other loaf breads.

No comments: